Are you a cyclist, marathon runner, cake baker, boda boda rider or an UBER driver looking to accomplish the amazing? Or are you a mom, pastor, school teacher, kindergarten, college or university student looking to make a long lasting impact in the world? Well, here is your opportunity to do amazing and end 2019 with a resounding bang!
But, first things fast. Here is a recap of the amazing thing we did last year.
We cycled from Nairobi to Migori Town, a total of 527 KM and managed to raise Kshs. 150,000 ($1,500). This enabled us to have more seed capital for our shop. As a result, we were able to employ one of the amazing cyclists who joined us last year.
We also used part of the money for the following:-
- paying allowances for our staff and volunteers
- helping over 10 at risk male teens to reconcile with their families and communities
- equipping 10 boys with ICT skills, character formation and customer relationship skills
- redesigning the Lifesong Kenya website to become more responsive
Last year, our cycling team had an amazing experience. We were able to get accommodation and meals from some of our friends and their families. Three hotels also offered discounted bed and breakfast rates during our event. In addition, friends supported by contributing towards our fundraiser.
With your help, Lifesong Kenya will be able to do more. Since 2017, we have managed to graduate over 100 boys. Imagine the kind of impact we would have with your help?
Here is Your Opportunity to Do Amazing
Follow this link to check out our new fundraising venture in an effort to raise money for Lifesong KENYA. The money raised will go towards equipping at risk male teens with skills, character formation and help reconcile them with their families, police officers and the people they’ve wronged in the community.
This year, our team plans to cycle from Nairobi to Migori Town via Naivasha, Nakuru, Eldoret, Kakamega, Kisumu, Maseno, Homa Bay and Rongo. Let us know if you’d like us to cycle through your town. We are actually open to a new challenge, provided you’re wiling to walk with us through this journey.
I know I should have said ‘cycle with us’ but you really don’t have to, unless you are willing to😊.
Here’s how you can get involved
- Provide our team with meals, water and accommodation as an individual, family, hotel, school or church
- Volunteer as a cyclist, fundraiser, event organizer or cheer leader
- Sponsor Half Way Cycle as an individual, chamaa, school, college, university, church or company CSR activity
- Provide our team with bikes, cycling gear, bike accessories or energy bars
- Pray for our cycling team as an individual or group of friends
How to Donate
We have several ways you can donate and contribute towards our cycling fundraiser.
Paypal Account: donations(at)lifesongkenya.org
Bank Transfer: Account Name: Lifesong Kenya, Account Number: 1004372146, Bank: Faulu, Branch: Ngong Road
Fundraising link: Half Way Cycle link
I am looking forward to hearing from you. This is our opportunity to leave a huge impact in our world that needs wonderful people like you. Please get in touch with suggestions on how we can do this better. Feel free to offer meals, water, accommodation or better still, offer to pray for our fundraising venture.
Remember, every amount counts. Let’s do this! Here is your opportunity to do amazing and end 2019 with a bang!
“Together we can change the world, just one random act of kindness at a time.”– Ron Hall