Our mission is to provide a safe space, our halfway house, to boys and young men who have suffered trauma and need to discover their treasure and restore their lost glory through:-
- restorative justice
- mentoring and life coaching
- skills training and job placements
- after care support
- community service
Working towards a world where boys and young men can unlock their full potential with the tools they already have instead of focusing on what they lack. Working towards a thriving community where men and women co-exist peacefully and complement each other.
At Lifesong Kenya, we foster positive masculinity and believe that boys and young men deserve a chance to reach their full potential, be listened to and to be accompanied through hardship.
The gaps that Lifesong Kenya is bridging:
- 60% of juvenile offenders are not visited by their families and need someone to accompany them to court. This is a clear indicator that the boys need support and care.
- The boys who get released from prison end up become hardened criminals due to the vicious cycle they find themselves in. This calls for breaking the vicious cycle of recidivism so the boys don’t end up in adult prison as hard-core criminals.
- Most families of young offenders need parental care sessions and economic support to visit their sons in prison.
- Boys and young men in the community need guidance from adult male role models who can provide mentorship, training and job placements to prevent them from engaging in social vices.
Our thematic focus areas:
- Providing transitional housing for 3-6 months to boys and male youth aged 13 to 21 years
- Providing a conducive environment that aids healing and restoration
- Offering counselling, life coaching, therapy and other psycho-social care and support services
- Life skills and mentorships
- Creative hands-on skills
- Computer literacy and intelligence
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Case screening and reporting
- Pre-release preparations and counseling
- Reconnecting child with family members and community
- School placements, mentorships, and follow-ups